Step 1: Understanding the BMS Project Life Cycle
They are owners (individual or government), real estate developers, etc.
They come up with ideas or concepts without technical knowledge of how to build them.
They will have enough money to bring the ideas into existence.
Due to their lack of technical knowledge, they used to look for domain or industry experts, whereas they were called consultants.
- They are professionals and experts in their relevant industry, with vast experience in a selected field.
- They are architects, analysts, designers, etc.
- They help customers prepare designs and specifications for their ideas and concepts.
- They propose projects within the budget of customer requirements and project management for their projects.
- Interpretation of plans and specifications
- The consultant monitors, supervises, and reviews the contractor’s working drawings, among other things.
- Detailed observation and inspection of the project
- A final project inspection is carried out by a consultant to assess whether the project meets the specification requirements.
- Prepared design/specifications are issued as a market tender.
- Tender documents have specifications & designs.
- Tendering is the process by which bids are invited from interested contractors.
- Tenders are normally published in newspapers, government websites, or directly sent to contractors.
- The main contractor is basically a civil construction company,
- The main contractor prepares an estimate and budget for the scope of their civil construction.
- Tender documents are forwarded or sent to the MEP Contractor (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing).
- The total value is then submitted to the client.
- MEP Contractor is in charge of the engineering business in the building, which includes mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment.
- MEP Contractor Procurement, Supply, Installation, and Execution.
- Estimate and budget the value of the tender.
- Submit the price to the main contractor rather than the client.
MEP Companies have ELV Engineer opportunuties.
It will cover the majority of the extra low voltage systems, such as BMS, Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control, Intercom, and so on.
An ELV Engineer does not need in-depth knowledge of technical knowledge for each system, but they must have an overall concept and basic understanding of the architecture of the system
6.Sub-Contractor/System Integrator/System Specialist
- They are small companies or systems specialists.
- They are also called system integrators, or ELV.
- solution providers. BMS, CCTV, Fire Alarm, Fire Fighting, Access Control, and Security Systems are all examples of building management systems.
- electrical- generators, UPS, SwitchGear, etc.
- mechanical- HVAC Systems, AC Units etc.
- Plumbing-pipe suppliers, pump suppliers, etc.
BMS OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Project Execution & Handing Over Process
- Once the client receives bids from various main contractors.
- they will choose the best one based on price and profile.
- Project execution Start with all parties.
- The consultant leads the project execution.
- Once the project is finished, they start handing over the property to the client through the client engineering team or through the facility management team.
Facility Management Company & Hotel Operator
- They are a maintenance company.
- They take care of facilities, including soft services (cleaning, management things) and hard services (engineering and technical stuff).
- Companies have staff for managerial positions and engineering teams like mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, supervisors, technicians, BMS operators etc.
- Most of the top hotels used to have their own engineering team.
Job opportunuties available in these companies are BMS Operator, BMS Technician.
Step 2: Concentrate on various segments
So now I hope you understand the different segments available in the BMS market to get the job. So keep the resume ready based on different job roles and approach those companies.
Step 3: Make a list of the companies based on their various segments
List out the companies available in the region you’re looking for.
At least make a list of everything you can on an excel sheet.
Step : 4 Understand the companies’ systems and solutions
Once you have listed out the companies for BMS system solution providers,
study a little bit more about the companies.
- What companies are doing ?
- Which BMS products do they distribute, like Honeywell, Schneider, etc)?
- Understand the system’s product ranges (Graphics Software, Gateways, Controllers, and so on).
Step 5: Identify the people who work in businesses.
- Now identify the people working in their companies on LinkedIn.
- Check out their profile or CV.
- Try to request a connection.
- Inquire about job openings and ask for assistance in learning more about BMS systems.
Step : 6 Prepare a CV based on the jobs you want to apply for
- Try to prepare a resume based on the jobs you are applying for.
- Following these steps will help you stay away from the crowd in the market.
Step : 7 Apply for Jobs
- Direct Email the company’s contact details.
- Approach individuals in LinkedIn
- Call them directly
Don’t hesitate to put your comments, so that i can help you out in better way